Navigating the GSA’s OASIS+ Deadline Extension: A Strength-Based Approach
Last night, the General Services Administration’s (GSA) OASIS+ deadline was extended to October 20, 2023, providing an excellent opportunity for companies to fine-tune their strategies and focus on what truly matters—winning government contracts. We’re offering the following to use the additional 30 days effectively.
Loading Your Documents into Symphony: A Crucial First Step
Before you embark on your journey to win an OASIS+ contract, it’s essential to ensure all your documents and information are securely stored and easily accessible. Symphony, the GSA’s electronic platform, is your gateway to success. Here’s what you should do:
- Document management: Carefully load all your essential documents into Symphony. This includes past performance records, financial statements, certifications, and any other information that demonstrates your qualifications.
- Point-by-point review: Take the time to double-check every point and requirement of the OASIS+ contract. Ensure that your documents align with the specific criteria outlined in the solicitation. Review all errors and warning messages.
- Supporting documents: Confirm that you have all the necessary supporting documents within Symphony. These documents might be requested during the evaluation process, so it’s crucial to have them ready and organized.
Now that you’ve laid the groundwork by organizing your documents, it’s time to focus on capturing work under the OASIS+ contract. Capture management is the heart of winning government contracts. It’s about understanding the customer’s needs, aligning your strengths with those needs, and crafting a compelling proposal. Here’s what your team should be doing during this extended timeline:
- Reevaluate your strengths: In a strength-based approach, identify and highlight your core competencies, differentiators, and past successes. How can these strengths address the unique challenges and opportunities of the OASIS+ contract?
- Competitor analysis: Delve deep into your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses. Identify gaps in their capabilities that your company can fill, and emphasize this in your proposal.
- Customer engagement: Foster stronger relationships with your target customers. Engage in meaningful conversations to better understand their evolving requirements and tailor your solution accordingly.
- Scenario planning: Anticipate potential scenarios that could unfold during the procurement process. Prepare contingency plans and mitigation strategies to address any challenges that may arise.
- Proposal refinement: Use the extra time to fine-tune your proposal. Ensure it clearly communicates how your strengths align with the customer’s needs, providing a solution that stands out from the competition.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to consider the OASIS+ contract yet, don’t worry. The extension grants you an additional 30 days to assess the requirements and craft a winning strategy. This extension should be seen as a chance to thoroughly evaluate your strengths and align them with the OASIS+ goals.
As the October 20, 2023 deadline approaches, remember that winning government contracts is not just about checking boxes but about genuinely understanding and addressing the needs of your customers. Embrace this extension as a chance to build stronger relationships, showcase your strengths, and secure a winning contract.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or unsure about navigating the OASIS+ opportunity, don’t hesitate to contact us at Lohfeld Consulting. Our team of experts in Strength-Based Winning® is here to assist you in developing a winning strategy, organizing your documents in Symphony, and ensuring you’re fully prepared for success. Don’t let this extension go to waste—reach out to us today and let’s embark on this journey together. Your next government contract win is within reach.
Lohfeld Consultants Jacob Bertram and Denise Blue are former senior leaders within GSA’s Office of Professional Services & Human Capital, the program managers of the OASIS+ Contract and the Professional Services Multiple Award Schedule.
Lohfeld Consulting provides a free OASIS+ proposal management tool, developed by Lohfeld Vice President Maryann Lesnick, to assist companies in developing their responses to OASIS+. This tool is available on the Lohfeld website.
By Jacob Bertram, MBA, Senior Fellow, Excellence in Government Program
Lohfeld Consulting Group has proven results specializing in helping companies create winning captures and proposals. As the premier capture and proposal services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets, we provide expert assistance to government contractors in Capture Planning and Strategy, Proposal Management and Writing, Capture and Proposal Process and Infrastructure, and Training. In the last 3 years, we’ve supported over 550 proposals winning more than $170B for our clients—including the Top 10 government contractors. Lohfeld Consulting Group is your “go-to” capture and proposal source! Start winning by contacting us at www.lohfeldconsulting.com and join us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Paperback or Kindle
by Bob Lohfeld
contributors Edited by Beth Wingate
Did you know that contracting officers spend up to 20% of their time mitigating disputes between teaming partners? In an informal poll we conducted on LinkedIn last month, 40% of respondents classified their teaming partners as “frenemies” on their last bid.
- Advice (421)
- AI (2)
- APMP (17)
- Business Development (187)
- Capture Management (186)
- Favorite Books (5)
- Go-to-Market (27)
- Graphics (5)
- Lohfeld Books (3)
- Past Performance (57)
- Post-submission Phase (15)
- Pre-RFP Preparation (200)
- Proposal Management (257)
- Proposal Production (57)
- Proposal Reviews (25)
- Proposal Writing (70)
- Pursuit Phase (85)
- Research Report (2)
- Resources (58)
- Tools & Tips (235)
- Training (10)
- Uncategorized (214)