Pop Quiz – How Likely are You to Win Your Recompete?
Table 1 contains a list of reasons why companies win recompetes. Take the quiz to determine how likely you are to win. Give yourself one point for every question you answer yes. Analyze your score and then click on the following links to learn more about winning recompetes.
Table 1: Recompete Pop Quiz
- If you scored 35 – 40: Congratulations, you have excellent chance of winning.
- If you scored 25 – 34: Identify those areas, you must tweak and improve your road to success.
- If you scored 15 – 24; Recalibrate your win strategy and plan to win.
- If you scored 5- 14; I hope you are not too late, build your win strategy and plan from scratch.
- If you score 0-4; Maybe you can get on a competitor’s team, you are unlikely to win.
For additional information about winning recompetes, check out these Lohfeld Consulting Group blogs:
- 4 strategies that can kill your recompete. Love is not an evaluation criterion in federal procurements. 4 strategies that can kill your recompete | Lohfeld (lohfeldconsulting.com)
- Working with project managers on recompetes: Risk aversion versus price (Part 1) https://www.lohfeldconsulting.com/blog/2013/02/working-with-project-managers-on-recompetes-risk-aversion-versus-price-part-1/
- Working with project managers on recompetes: Project manager as an ethical spy (Part 2) Working with project managers on recompetes: PM as ethical spy (Part 2) | Lohfeld (lohfeldconsulting.com)
- Working with project managers on recompetes: project manager as proposal SME (Part 3) Working with project managers on recompetes: PM as proposal SME (Part 3) | Lohfeld (lohfeldconsulting.com)
- Turn that losing streak around now (or avoid a losing streak in the first place!) Turn that losing streak around now (or avoid a losing streak in the first place!) | Lohfeld (lohfeldconsulting.com)
By Brenda Crist, Vice President at Lohfeld Consulting Group, MPA, CPP APMP Fellow
Lohfeld Consulting Group has proven results specializing in helping companies create winning captures and proposals.
As the premier capture and proposal services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets, we provide expert assistance to government contractors in Capture Planning and Strategy, Proposal Management and Writing, Capture and Proposal Process and Infrastructure, and Training. In the last 3 years, we’ve supported over 550 proposals winning more than $170B for our clients—including the Top 10 government contractors. Lohfeld Consulting Group is your “go-to” capture and proposal source! Start winning by contacting us at www.lohfeldconsulting.com and join us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.