Bob Lohfeld shares his capture management and proposal management thoughts and best practices—along with business development advice for the government contracting industry. This collection includes essays such as strategies that can kill your recompete, whether it’s worthwhile to chase premium price, hiring a capture manager, and much more.
In this collection of essays, Bob Lohfeld shares his thoughts on capture management and proposal management as well as best practices. He also provides business development advice for the government contracting industry. These essays are strategically specific and act as a brief handbook for busy professionals.
What’s in this book
- 5 questions to derail an LPTA procurement
- 4 strategies that can kill your recompete
- Can you hire an effective capture manager?
- Why some companies embrace LPTA contracts
- Can you afford to chase premium price? Maybe.
- 5 steps to winning proposals
- Realities force companies to change tactics
- How crazy subcontractors can kill your bid
- How to balance your growth strategy
- Contractors reshape growth strategies for 2014
- What makes your bid a winner or a loser?
- Six tips for building your new business pipeline
- How good are your chances of winning a bid protest?
- How and when to talk to your customer
- Take your proposal from good to great in 30 minutes
- Let’s stop bashing LPTA and find an alternative
- Should we have procurement reform or just improvement?
- Is price reasonableness really unreasonable?
- Killing bad capture and proposal habits
- Three strategies for growing in adjacent markets