Articles tagged with: proposal graphics
At the 2011 APMP International Conference, Lohfeld Consulting Group’s Managing Director Brenda Crist presented an informative session on mitigating proposal risks. Here are Brenda’s identified Proposal Strategy Review Risks and recommended Mitigation Strategies:
- Proposal strategy review is not held. Hold a proposal strategy, storyboard, or pink team review approximately one-third of the way into the proposal life cycle. Not holding a review results in inconsistent messages communicated across the proposal or missing key win themes and substantiating evidence.
- Proposal is inconsistent with customer instructions. Verify your storyboards or strategy (writing plan) is consistent with the customer’s instructions for preparing…
Review and incorporate the following guidelines and suggestions into your graphics development process.
- Start with a complete detailed graphic (hand-sketched or computer-generated) and then begin to remove as much detail as you can without destroying the real message. This reduces the graphic to its simplest form. The extra detail can be placed in an appendix to the proposal, if appropriate.
- Don’t try to generate finished artwork at the first pass. You might have several ideas for graphics that support the thesis sentence, but will eventually select the most appropriate one, or combination, as you develop the text.
- Be creative. The time to…
At the 2011 APMP International Conference, Lohfeld Consulting Group’s Managing Director Brenda Crist presented an informative session on mitigating proposal risks. Here are Brenda’s identified Proposal Production and Delivery Review Risks and recommended Mitigation Strategies:
- Insufficient production time. Allocate 10% of the life cycle for production. Check with your production staff prior to creating your schedule to verify they have the bandwidth to complete your job on schedule.
- Unreliable equipment. Test all equipment prior to production to verify it functions as intended. Have a backup plan for production if your system malfunctions.
- Problems with tabs. Learn how to produce tabs….