Lohfeld Consulting Group specializes in helping companies create winning proposals. We are the premier Proposal Services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets.
We provide expert assistance to government contractors helping them bid and win highly competitive procurements in civilian, Department of Defense (DoD), intelligence, and state and local government agencies.
We help clients develop and execute tightly focused capture strategies designed to raise win probability. We provide the proposal managers, volume leaders, subject matter experts, writers, editors, and reviewers essential to creating winning proposals.
Our area of expertise include:
- Information Technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Professional Services
- Other technology-related disciplines
Since 2003, we have provided capture and proposal expertise to more than 175 companies and provided professional training services to more than 350 companies. We work with:
- 14 of the Top 20 Federal Government Contractors
- 13 of the largest Mid-tier Companies
- More than one-third of the Top 100 Government Contractors
Bob Lohfeld founded our company in 2003. A former Division President at Lockheed Martin with more than 30 years' experience in government markets, Bob oversees all company operations and is actively involved in all aspects of the business.
We employ the most knowledgeable and effective proposal consultants in the business. We have more than 30 consultants and full-time employees providing capture and proposal development services for government contractors nationwide.
Learn more about our services:
Our mission is to help clients win more government contracts. We provide clients with proposal experts to staff an entire proposal team or parts of the team from RFP analysis through proposal submission. Let us support your proposal efforts with:
- Managers to drive the entire effort
- Subject matter experts to augment your own
- Writers and editors to draft or re-write proposal text
- Graphics/desktop specialists to lay out and illustrate proposal volumes
- Coordinators to handle proposal logistics and publish proposal documents
- Orals coaches to prepare the team to give winning oral presentations
Capture Management encompasses everything a company should do to raise its win probability during the critical time between deciding to pursue an expected government procurement and proposal submission—and beyond. We help clients develop a capture plan and then coach their teams in executing these capture initiatives. Our capture support includes:
- Forming a winning capture team
- Understanding customer requirements and objectives prior to RFP release
- Developing your winning solution and positioning it with the customer
- Conducting independent competitive assessments
- Developing compelling win strategies that differentiate your offer
- Establishing teaming strategies
- Determining performance risk and risk mitigation
Our process experts can help you assess your company's current business development (BD) processes and tailor them to government market best practices. We can enhance the effectiveness of your existing processes and infrastructure or provide new processes and supporting infrastructure.
Let us raise your company's win probability, increase your revenue, and lower your BD costs by:
- Defining and implementing new BD, capture, and proposal processes
- Tuning up existing BD, capture, and proposal processes
- Building and managing a virtual workspace that provides total opportunity life cycle management
- Developing and managing your résumé and past performance databases
Our training, offered as public classes as well as tailored client-site classes, emphasizes team interaction and collaboration. Our classes are taught by the same BD experts who provide capture and proposal management services for our clients. Training includes:
- Learn Capture Management - How government contractors win business
- Learn Proposal Management - How government contractors create winning proposals
- Learn Proposal Writing - How to write better technical and managerial proposals that outscore the competition
Contact us today to explore how Lohfeld Consulting Group can assist you.
Training & Events
- Learn Proposal Writing - How to write better technical and managerial proposals that outscore the competition – New Date July 30, 2014
July 30, 2014 - Class date:
- Learn Capture Management - How government contractors win business – August 20, 2014
August 20, 2014 - Class date:
- Learn Proposal Management - How government contractors create winning proposals – September 25, 2014
September 25, 2014 -
- APMP Foundation Level Certification Training – October 23, 2014 – APMP SPAC Conference
October 23, 2014 -
- Learn Proposal Writing - How to write better technical and managerial proposals that outscore the competition – October 23, 2014
October 23, 2014 - Class date:
- Learn Capture Management - How government contractors win business – November 13, 2014
November 13, 2014 - Class date:
- Learn Proposal Management - How government contractors create winning proposals – December 10, 2014
December 10, 2014 -