Lohfeld Consulting Group specializes in helping companies create winning proposals. We are the premier Capture and Proposal Services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets.
We provide expert assistance to government contractors helping them bid and win highly competitive procurements in civilian, Department of Defense (DoD), intelligence, aerospace, and state and local government agencies.
We help clients develop and execute tightly focused capture strategies designed to raise win probability. We provide the proposal managers, volume leaders, subject matter experts, writers, editors, and reviewers essential to creating winning proposals.
Our area of expertise include:
- Information technology
- Aerospace engineering
- Systems engineering
- Professional services
- Hardware systems
- Defense programs
- Other technology-related disciplines
Since 2003, we have provided capture and proposal expertise to more than 175 companies and provided professional training services to more than 350 companies. We work with:
- 8 of the Top 10 government contractors
- 35 of the Top 50 government contractors
- More than one-third of the Top 200 Government Contractors
Bob Lohfeld founded our company in 2003. A former Division President at Lockheed Martin with more than 30 years' experience in government markets, Bob oversees all company operations and is actively involved in all aspects of the business.
We employ the most knowledgeable and effective capture and proposal consultants in the business. We have more than 150 consultants and full-time employees providing capture and proposal development services for government contractors nationwide.
Learn more about our services:
Our mission is to help clients win more government contracts. We provide clients with proposal experts to staff an entire proposal team or parts of the team from RFP analysis through proposal submission. Let us support your proposal efforts with:
- Managers to drive the entire effort
- Subject matter experts to augment your own
- Writers and editors to draft or re-write proposal text
- Graphics/desktop specialists to lay out and illustrate proposal volumes
- Coordinators to handle proposal logistics and publish proposal documents
- Orals coaches to prepare the team to give winning oral presentations
Capture Management encompasses everything a company should do to raise its win probability during the critical time between deciding to pursue an expected government procurement and proposal submission—and beyond. We help clients develop a capture plan and then coach their teams in executing these capture initiatives. Our capture support includes:
- Forming a winning capture team
- Understanding customer requirements and objectives prior to RFP release
- Developing your winning solution and positioning it with the customer
- Conducting independent competitive assessments
- Developing compelling win strategies that differentiate your offer
- Establishing teaming strategies
- Determining performance risk and risk mitigation
Our process experts can help you assess your company's current business development (BD) processes and tailor them to government market best practices. We can enhance the effectiveness of your existing processes and infrastructure or provide new processes and supporting infrastructure.
Let us raise your company's win probability, increase your revenue, and lower your BD costs by:
- Defining and implementing new BD, capture, and proposal processes
- Tuning up existing BD, capture, and proposal processes
- Building and managing a virtual workspace that provides total opportunity life cycle management
- Developing and managing your résumé and past performance databases
Our training, offered as public classes as well as tailored client-site classes, emphasizes team interaction and collaboration. Our classes are taught by the same BD experts who provide capture and proposal management services for our clients.
We offer full-day training courses covering:
- Proposal Management for Federal Contractors – Essential Skills and Best Practices (public and on-site classes available)
- Capture Management for Federal Contractors – How to Win before RFP Release (public and on-site classes available)
- Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors – Guide the Evaluator to Award you the Win (public and on-site classes available)
- APMP Foundation Certification Preparation and Exam (public and on-site classes available)
- Winning Business for Federal Contract Project Managers (on-site classes available)
- Winning GWACs, IDIQs and Task Orders for Federal Contractors (on-site classes available)
- Proposal Reviews for Federal Contractors – Win More by Evaluating from the Customer’s Perspective (on-site classes available)
Contact us today to explore how Lohfeld Consulting Group can assist you.
Training & Events
- Proposal Management for Government Contractors: Essential Skills and Best Practices | May 19, 2016
May 19, 2016 - Class date: May 19, 2016Proposal Management covers the process government contractors use to create winning proposals for full-and-open competitions and task order contracts. Proposal Management follows a structured process...
- APMP Foundation Level Certification Training | APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2016 | May 25, 2016
May 25, 2016 - Training Date: May 25, 2016Sponsored by APMP International as part of the 2016 APMP Bid & Proposal Con
- APB: A Writing Model for Reluctant Writers, Enigmatic Engineers, and Circuitous SMEs - 2016 APMP Bid & Proposal Con
May 26, 2016 - APMP Bid & Proposal Con Presentation - Julia Quigley
- Hashtags, Mentions, Endorsements? Oh My! How to Use Social Media to Build Your Personal and Corporate Brand - 2016 APMP Bid & Proposal Con
May 26, 2016 -
- Benchmarking: Improve Your Win Rate Through Continuous Quality Improvement - 2016 APMP Bid & Proposal Con
May 27, 2016 - APMP Bid & Proposal Con Presentation - Maryann Lesnick
- Become a Presentation Pro: Secrets of the Speaking Pros - 2016 APMP Bid & Proposal Con
May 27, 2016 - APMP Bid & Proposal Con Presentation - Gillian Dionne, Dick Eassom, BJ Lownie, Mike Parkinson, Beth Wingate
- Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors – Guide the Evaluator to Award You the Win | June 2, 2016
June 02, 2016 - Class date: June 2, 2016
- Ask the Experts – Get answers to Your Top 10 BD, capture, and proposal management questions | Lohfeld Business Winning Webinar | June 22, 2016
June 22, 2016 - BD, capture, and proposal professionals face more challenges today
- Proposal Writing for Government Contractors: Guide the Evaluator to Award You the Win | July 14, 2016
July 14, 2016 - Class date: July 14, 2016
- Capture Management for Government Contractors: How to Win before RFP Release | Sept. 15, 2016
September 15, 2016 - Class date: September 15, 2016
- Proposal Management for Government Contractors: Essential Skills and Best Practices | October 27, 2016
October 27, 2016 - Class date: October 27, 2016Proposal Management covers the process government contractors use to create winning proposals for full-and-open competitions and task order contracts. Proposal Management follows a structured pro...
- Proposal Writing for Government Contractors: Guide the Evaluator to Award You the Win | November 17, 2016
November 17, 2016 - Class date: November 17, 2016