Date: December 8-10, 2020 (3-day class)
Time: 12:00-4:00 pm U.S. Eastern each day
Location: ONLINE, LIVE, INSTRUCTOR-LED
Proposal management covers the process government contractors use to create winning proposals for full-and-open competitions and task order contracts. Proposal management follows a structured process comprising a series of scalable actions and steps aimed at creating high-scoring proposals that result in winning bids.
In this seminar, we’ll explore Lohfeld Consulting Group’s 5-phase government business acquisition framework and see how capture management transitions knowledge to your proposal team and how your proposal team prepares for RFP release, builds a winning proposal, and then prepares for government questions and proposal revisions. The proposal management process covers the proposal management activities from pre-proposal submission through post-submission activities. We’ll share our industry best practices, tips, tricks, and tools for managing every aspect of your proposals.
Understanding this process is a must for government contractors. This seminar will teach you how successful government contractors consistently win the programs they pursue. You’ll learn how your company can apply this proposal management process, create better proposals, and apply proven techniques to raise your win probability.
What you will learn:
- Work with your capture management team and understand how proposal management should integrate with capture to build high-scoring proposals. We’ll examine our government Business Acquisition Framework and the components comprising the BD and Capture Management stages, focusing on opportunity identification and qualification, client interaction and the importance of client intimacy in understanding requirements and objectives, capture plan development, capture team organization, opportunity assessment reviews, positioning, competitive assessments, establishing price to win, and bid/no-bid decisions
- Plan and conduct effective pre-RFP activities to get a jump start on proposal artifact development and focus proposal resources on pre-proposal preparation activities, including assigning proposal resources, developing a strawman RFP, preparing draft writing plans/annotated outlines, developing early-stage proposal products, finalizing your proposal development plan, planning your kickoff meeting, and conducting a pre-proposal gate review
- Manage your proposal development process after RFP release, including finalizing and validating your proposal outline, design, and resources; conducting the kickoff meeting; finalizing your solution and annotated outlines/writing plans; writing compliant, compelling, and responsive proposal drafts; conducting structured color team reviews with realistic schedules, inputs, and outputs; developing effective proposal graphics; and producing and quality checking your final proposal
- Manage quick-response task order proposals as well as more traditional proposals for full-and-open competitions
- Prepare for proposal submission, conduct your closure strategy, clean up and prepare files for post-submission use, get ready for debriefs, and conduct lessons-learned and continual improvement reviews
Plus—you’ll learn how to use proposal productivity tools—and we’ll give you our favorite templates and checklists to help you better plan and manage your proposals.
- Capture Plan Structure Template
- SharePoint Proposal Workbench Structure
- Resume Template
- Past Performance Write-up Template
- Proposal Management Plan Structure Template
- Proposal Development Schedule Samples Template
- Kickoff Meeting Planner
- Favorite Proposal Software Tools and Apps List
- Graphics File Types & Tips Cheat Sheet
- Editing Checklist
- Production Checklist
- Printing/Production Checklist
- Production Resource Checklist
- Selected Articles
- Copy of our latest book
Who should attend?
This class is designed for business development, capture management, and proposal management professionals as well as for company executives and operational managers, including project managers and technical professionals who support new business acquisition activities and need to understand the interrelationships between the capture and proposal phases and the importance of using a structured, repeatable proposal management process. (Eligible for 10 APMP CEUs)
Maryann Lesnick, CPP APMP
Maryann Lesnick teaches our APMP Foundation Certification and Proposal Management classes. She brings more than 25 years of experience in business development; proposal management, writing, and editing; capture management; project management; and quality management for both federal and commercial sectors. She holds APMP Professional-level certification (CPP APMP) and is a Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP). She is also a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and certified Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
Maryann has been active with APMP for the past 13 years, has served on the Board of Directors of the National Capital Area (NCA) chapter for the past 8 years, and served as the 2014–2015 President of that chapter—the largest chapter in the United States. She currently served as NCA Chapter Membership Chair and was on the Board of Directors for APMP International.
$695 per student includes all training materials and handouts, and live instructor-led training. No discounts are available.
Cancellations and Transfers
Student substitutions are permitted at any time up to the start of the class (please notify your instructor so s(he) can forward the invitation to the substituted student).
Fourteen (14) days or more prior to the start of the class: No charges will be incurred for cancelling or transfer of class registration.
Thirteen (13) days or fewer prior to the start of the class: The full tuition is due. There is no credit available to transfer or refund. If rescheduling, an additional payment in the amount of the new registration will also be due.
Student No Show
If a student fails to attend class, the full tuition is due and there is no credit available to transfer or refund.
Refunds are made upon request only for registrations cancelled fourteen (14) calendar days, or more, prior to the class start date.
No recordings of Lohfeld Consulting Group classes are permitted or available.