In this interactive Bid and Proposal Boot Camp, learn how to win your recompetes, grow business organically, support growth on new contracts, conduct technical demonstrations for customers, and report technical and operational status. Companies can use the new skills their teams learn to help retain and grow business and multiply the capabilities of their business development teams.
Date: May 9-11, 2023 (3-day class)
Time: 12:00-4:00 pm U.S. Eastern each day
Location: ONLINE, LIVE, INSTRUCTOR-LED
This class includes discussions and group exercises and will help prepare technical teams to benefit from other Lohfeld Consulting classes including Strength-Based Winning® for Federal Contractors and Modern Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors.
What you will learn:
- How to evaluate your readiness to grow business
- How to win your recompete
- How to grow business organically
- How to help your company win new business
- How to support technical demonstrations, oral proposals, and problem/coding challenges
- How to effectively report technical and operational status
Who should attend?
This class is designed for staff who support federal projects on a full-time basis including project and program managers, business analysts, and any type of technical professional. (Eligible for 10 APMP CEUs)
Bid and Proposal Boot Camp schedule (three modules over 3 days):
Module 1: Preparing to grow business
- Evaluate your readiness to grow business
- Evaluate your position with the customer
- Make the most of your time
- Collect and manage Information to Win (ITW)
- Strategize and determine how you will win
Module 2: Winning recompetes using Strength-Based Techniques
- Formulate a Strength-Based Solution
- Use customer knowledge to improve your solution
- Build a Strength-Based Introduction, Understanding, and Solution
- Learn how technical teams can support complex proposals
Module 3: Growing organic and new business using Strength-Based Techniques
- Grow business organically
- Support business growth on new contracts
- Support customer presentations, orals, and demos
- Report technical and operational status effectively
- Apply lessons learned
Brenda Crist teaches our Bid and Proposal Boot Camp – Prepare your team to win business class, Modern Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors, and APMP Foundation Certification classes. As a consultant, she serves as a senior capture and proposal manager. She helps clients work with their staff and partners to create winning, well-written proposal solutions. She offers hands-on experience from leading and conducting systems and network management projects for many civilian and military clients.
Brenda stays current with the latest procurements, their requirements, and industry best practices. Brenda served as the 2010 President and formerly as 2009 Vice President and Professional Day Chairperson for the APMP-NCA Chapter. She served as the 2017 APMP Chesapeake Chapter Vice Chairperson, 2018 Chapter Programs Chairperson, and 2019 Board Member. She has been an active member of APMP-NCA since 2003, serving as Professional Day Chair of Publicity, Speakers Program, and Chairperson for the 2006, 2007, and 2008 events, respectively.
Brenda was inducted as an APMP Fellow in June 2011 and also received the Steven S. Myers Award for 2011 APMP Chapter Chair of the Year.
$695 per student includes all training materials and handouts, and live instructor-led training. No discounts are available.
Cancellations and Transfers
Student substitutions are permitted at any time up to the start of the class (please notify your instructor so s(he) can forward the invitation to the substituted student).
Fourteen (14) days or more prior to the start of the class: No charges will be incurred for canceling or transfer of class registration.
Thirteen (13) days or fewer prior to the start of the class: The full tuition is due. There is no credit available to transfer or refund. If rescheduling, an additional payment in the amount of the new registration will also be due.
Student No Show
If a student fails to attend class, the full tuition is due and there is no credit available to transfer or refund.
Refunds are made upon request only for registrations canceled fourteen (14) calendar days, or more, prior to the class start date.
No recordings of Lohfeld Consulting Group classes are permitted or available.