Modern Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors – LIVE ONLINE Training | July 18-20, 2023 (~4 hours per day over 3 days)
You’ll learn our Modern Proposal Writing techniques that result in improved proposal quality and increased win rates. Students will learn what constitutes a great proposal as well as how to plan and write compelling proposals to efficiently increase proposal evaluation scores. Class exercises allow students to practice these skills with instructor feedback.
Date: July 18-20, 2023 (3-day class)
Time: 12:00-4:00 pm U.S. Eastern each day
Location: ONLINE, LIVE, INSTRUCTOR-LED
What you will learn:
- How the government evaluates proposals in order to write content that achieves high scores
- Seven proven quality measures for analyzing proposal content
- How to modernize content to grab and hold evaluators’ attention
- How to plan content effectively using annotated outlines and content plans
- How to gather information such as proof points for better persuasion
- How to develop Strength Statements
- How to use the SUPS method for better articulation of value proposition
- How to develop titles and action captions for graphics that underscore key messages
- How to write compelling proposal content
Who should attend?
This course is designed for technical and managerial professionals, writers, solution architects, and all proposal professionals who are called upon to write sections of proposals or lead proposal volumes. (Eligible for 10 APMP CEUs)
Modern Proposal Writing Seminar schedule (three modules over 3 days):
Module 1: Planning to write
- Introductions and purpose
- How the government evaluates your writing
- Defining a great proposal
- Applying Seven Quality Measures
- Activity: Review and critique writing using the measures
- Ensuring compliance and responsiveness
- Activity: Prepare an outline
- Gathering the information you need to write
- Annotating outlines and using content plans
- Conclusions and Q&A
Module 2: Writing compelling technical and management sections
- Module 1 Recap
- Impacts of digital distractions and telework
- Making your proposal compelling with strength statements
- Activity: Write a strength statement
- Writing compelling technical and management sections
- Activity: Write using SUPS
- Writing compelling titles and action captions
- Activity: Write a title and action caption
- Conclusions and Q&A
Module 3: Writing compelling resumes and past performance
- Module 1–2 Recap
- Writing resumes
- Activity: Write a resume success story
- Writing past performance
- Activity: Write a relevancy paragraph
- More writing tips
- Activity: Rewrite bad writing
- Lessons learned
- Conclusions and Q&A
Modern Proposal Writing Instructor
Brenda Crist teaches our Bid and Proposal Boot Camp – Prepare your team to win business class, Modern Proposal Writing for Federal Contractors, and APMP Foundation Certification classes. As a consultant, she serves as a senior capture and proposal manager. She helps clients work with their staff and partners to create winning, well-written proposal solutions. She offers hands-on experience from leading and conducting systems and network management projects for many civilian and military clients.
Brenda stays current with the latest procurements, their requirements, and industry best practices. Brenda served as the 2010 President and formerly as 2009 Vice President and Professional Day Chairperson for the APMP-NCA Chapter. She served as the 2017 APMP Chesapeake Chapter Vice Chairperson, 2018 Chapter Programs Chairperson, and 2019 Board Member. She has been an active member of APMP-NCA since 2003, serving as Professional Day Chair of Publicity, Speakers Program, and Chairperson for the 2006, 2007, and 2008 events, respectively.
Brenda was inducted as an APMP Fellow in June 2011 and also received the Steven S. Myers Award for 2011 APMP Chapter Chair of the Year.
$695 per student includes all training materials and handouts, and live instructor-led training. No discounts are available.
Cancellations and Transfers
Student substitutions are permitted at any time up to the start of the class (please notify your instructor so s(he) can forward the invitation to the substituted student).
Fourteen (14) days or more prior to the start of the class: No charges will be incurred for canceling or transfer of class registration.
Thirteen (13) days or fewer prior to the start of the class: The full tuition is due. There is no credit available to transfer or refund. If rescheduling, an additional payment in the amount of the new registration will also be due.
Student No Show
If a student fails to attend class, the full tuition is due and there is no credit available to transfer or refund.
Refunds are made upon request only for registrations canceled fourteen (14) calendar days, or more, prior to the class start date.
No recordings of Lohfeld Consulting Group classes are permitted or available.
Paperback or Kindle
by Bob Lohfeld
contributors Edited by Beth Wingate
Did you know that contracting officers spend up to 20% of their time mitigating disputes between teaming partners? In an informal poll we conducted on LinkedIn last month, 40% of respondents classified their teaming partners as “frenemies” on their last bid.
- Advice (405)
- APMP (18)
- Business Development (182)
- Capture Management (183)
- Favorite Books (5)
- Go-to-Market (27)
- Graphics (5)
- Lohfeld Books (3)
- Past Performance (56)
- Post-submission Phase (15)
- Pre-RFP Preparation (187)
- Proposal Management (245)
- Proposal Production (50)
- Proposal Reviews (22)
- Proposal Writing (61)
- Pursuit Phase (84)
- Research Report (2)
- Resources (59)
- Tools & Tips (218)
- Training (11)
- Uncategorized (214)