Thankfully, many government agencies held off on releasing their requests for proposals (RFPs) during the December 2022 holiday season. However, government agencies are now opening the floodgates and releasing numerous multi-billion- and multi-million-dollar RFPs in the January – March 2023 timeframe, including the 15 listed below, which represent a sampling of more than 350 bids we are tracking in the first quarter (timeframes may shift based on the agencies’ schedules).
Top RFPs coming in the January – March 2023 timeframe
- Army Enterprise SIPR Modernization from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It is valued at $1B.
- Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply Services for the T6ABD Texan II Aircraft (COMBS) from the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Mobility and Training Aircraft Directorate. It is valued at $2.2B.
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Technical and Analytical Support Services (TASS) from DOD, DARPA. It is valued at $1B.
- Defense Health Agency (DHA) Optimization Portfolio Process (DOPP) from DHA. It is valued at $1B.
- DLA J6 Enterprise Technology Services (JETS 2.0) from DOD, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). It is valued at $6B.
- Environmental Munitions Response Restricted (EMR2) from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). It is valued at $960M.
- GLOBALCAP from Department of State, Bureau of African Affairs. It is valued at $5B.
- Integrated Personnel and Pay System, Army Increment II Release 4 Plus (R4 PLUS) from the S. Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), IPPS-A Project Management Office. It is valued at $1B.
- Land Systems Integration Vehicle Production and Integration Services from the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR), Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic. It is valued at $500K.
- Lunar Terrain Vehicle Services (LTVS) from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Human Exploration and Operations (HEO) Mission Directorate. It is valued at $4.6B.
- Naval Education Training Commands in Conjunction with the Naval Education and Training Professional Development Center (NETC N7). It is valued at $4.1B.
- One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services “+” (OASIS+) Multi-Agency Contract (MAC) from the General Services Administration (GSA). It is valued at $133.7B. Lohfeld Consulting is offering our customers a free automated tool to support OASIS+ bids.
- Professional Scientific and Technical Services 2 Program Fisheries Domain (PROTECH 2.0) from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). It is valued at $8B across all PROTECH 2.0 programs.
- PROTECH 2.0 Oceans Domain from NOAA. It is valued at $8B across all PROTECH 2.0 programs.
- SITEC ENTERPRISE OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE EOM (SITEC III) from DOD, S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). It is valued at $3B.
Top five tips for managing large, complex multi-billion-dollar bids
Five tips for managing large, complex multi-billion-dollar bids that are often overlooked include:
- Line up your resources and backup resources. Large, complex multi-billion-dollar bids require teams of dedicated capture, technical, contracts, proposal, and pricing professionals. Missing team members in any area can slow or derail capture and proposal progress.
- Establish a clear vision of your solution. A unified vision of the solution held by all team members accelerates the capture and proposal preparation schedule and mitigates risks. Develop a draft executive summary you can use as an in-house briefing tool.
- Schedule time to iterate. Schedule enough collaboration time to develop a mature solution aligned with your strategy.
- Keep score. As you develop your solution, record your solution’s strengths compared to the evaluated criteria. Identify potential gaps and verify that you have multiple strengths across all RFP criteria the customer is evaluating.
- Don’t wait to review. Don’t wait to review content in formal color reviews; conduct informal, iterative reviews to verify that the content is maturing according to schedule.
By Brenda Crist, Vice President at Lohfeld Consulting Group, MPA, CPP APMP Fellow
Lohfeld Consulting Group has proven results specializing in helping companies create winning captures and proposals.
As the premier capture and proposal services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets, we provide expert assistance to government contractors in Capture Planning and Strategy, Proposal Management and Writing, Capture and Proposal Process and Infrastructure, and Training. In the last 3 years, we’ve supported over 550 proposals winning more than $170B for our clients—including the Top 10 government contractors. Lohfeld Consulting Group is your “go-to” capture and proposal source! Start winning by contacting us at www.lohfeldconsulting.com and join us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.