Here’s a list of our team’s favorite things for the holidays. What would you add to this list?
- No crazy overtime hours between December 24 and January 1, based on work-intensive RFPs released in December.
- No more RFPs with requirements 10 times the size of the proposal requirements.
- No Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) proposals outside of commodities.
- No more IDIQs that limit competition to the biggest and not to the best.
Capture and proposal
- Robust go/no-go reviews that weed out the proposals that a company shouldn’t waste its time on (no capture, no customer intimacy, no past performance, no key personnel, etc.).
- Numerous strengths statements across all evaluated criteria.
- The ability to walk in the customer’s/evaluator’s shoes (send us those shoes).
- Cost volumes that are finished more than 24 hours before the proposal is due.
- Fast, new, high-quality laptops with all necessary software.
- Grammarly and PerfectIt tools—with Lohfeld Consulting Group’s 100 Words to Avoid in Proposals built-in.
- Built-in acronyms finder in MS Word.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use collaboration/meeting tools.
- Great career-building assignments.
- New certifications.
- Attend APMP’s Bid and Proposal Conference.
- A mentor.
- Unlimited M&Ms and Godiva Chocolate.
- Lots of coffee (with cream, thank you).
- Unlimited Starbucks Black Ice Tea (unsweetened).
- Unlimited Diet Dr. Pepper (it’s a small group, we know who we are).
- A great backdrop for Zoom meetings.
- Meeting participants who always turn on their cameras.
- Lohfeld Consulting’s newest book coming in 2023.
- A Smart Reusable Notebook.
With warm wishes and thanks to our customers for your support. Happy Holidays!
By Brenda Crist, Vice President at Lohfeld Consulting Group, MPA, CPP APMP Fellow
Lohfeld Consulting Group has proven results specializing in helping companies create winning captures and proposals.
As the premier capture and proposal services consulting firm focused exclusively on government markets, we provide expert assistance to government contractors in Capture Planning and Strategy, Proposal Management and Writing, Capture and Proposal Process and Infrastructure, and Training. In the last 3 years, we’ve supported over 550 proposals winning more than $170B for our clients—including the Top 10 government contractors. Lohfeld Consulting Group is your “go-to” capture and proposal source! Start winning by contacting us at www.lohfeldconsulting.com and join us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.