I recently returned from the largest gathering of capture and proposal professionals in the world: APMP Bid and Proposal Con 2015 in Seattle, WA. Capture and proposal professionals – be they managers, coordinators, analysts, writers, SMEs, pricing experts, graphic designers, desktop publishers – work in one of the most time and compliance-sensitive fields. The stress can be palpable. So, it was truly invigorating to gather with 726 colleagues to share war stories, lessons learned, and best practices as well as recognize accomplishments with APMP Chapter awards.
When you join APMP as a member, you affiliate with a Chapter. The APMP-National Capital Area (NCA) is the biggest in the U.S. and as such offers the best opportunities. You don’t have to be local to Washington, DC-Maryland-Virginia to affiliate with APMP-NCA. We have members spanning the country. Why? Because as the biggest Chapter in the nation, we offer in-person and virtual programs, networking, professional development, and educational opportunities that simply cannot be beat.
Here are six proof points:
- We initiated APMP’s first mentor-protege program, now in its second year, pairing more experienced professionals with less seasoned practitioners, for incredible face-to-face and virtual learning experiences.
- We offer access to recognized industry and Government thought leaders through our quarterly Speaker Series and monthly free webinars as well as special networking events.
- APMP-NCA provides APMP-award winning communications, including our quarterly Executive Summary eZine, weekly 5-Fact Friday, active social media content, and a regularly updated website that includes a blog.
- We have our own Body of Knowledge (BoK), with rich content gathered from a range of Chapter events and publications.
- Our corporate partners program gives companies additional opportunities to exhibit, blog, tweet, and advertise to our more than 1,000 affiliated members.
- APMP-NCA’s annual Mid-Atlantic Conference and Expo provides the largest local gathering of business development, capture, and proposal professionals with presentations and panels plus a vendor expo.
Put yourself in the position to grow and excel. Join APMP and affiliate with APMP-NCA because bigger is better!