Listen to Francis Rose and Bob Lohfeld on In Depth with Francis Rose. Bob says the new lowest price/technically acceptable (LPTA) limits may be a sign DoD is trying to phase out LPTA.
- Frank Kendall, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, is setting limits for when to use LPTA procurement strategies.
- He says there are only four conditions when LPTA is appropriate to use.
- The requirements are well defined;
- The risk of unsuccessful contract performance is minimal;
- Price is a significant factor in the source selection; and
- There is neither value, need, nor willingness to pay for higher performance.