Articles tagged with: production resources
This week Briana Coleman, PPM.APMP begins a six-part series on proposal production.
Think about how you got to work today. You probably drove a car, took a train, or caught a bus. That’s the simple version of the story. In reality, the car, the train, and the bus companies spent hundreds of hours using thousands of people to assemble your final transportation vessel.
This is what we call production.
Each end product started with a small team of technical minds who conceptualized, designed, and engineered it. Then…
Successful proposal production encompasses myriad elements. Develop a standard proposal production plan, including multiple checklists, and tailor your plan for each proposal according to the RFP requirements. Do this as soon after RFP release as feasible and then update with final details as you get closer to beginning production activities.
Your proposal production plan should include, at minimum:
- Document production instructions
- Version control instructions
- Systems testing instructions
- Supplies planned and ordered for use for the proposal
- Software packages and versions planned for use for the proposal (may be specified by the RFP)
- Resources and supplies – in-house and outside vendors for printing and office/production supplies ordered…